Tonight’s meal, been a long time since I cooked prawns, and I do have to say I choose a great meal to start cooking them again. I make my own pasta as often as I can, sometimes time just doesn’t let me but it isn’t the same. This is a really quick meal to make, peppadew peppers are new to me I had no clue what they were, the ones I got were hot but sweet, I could imagine having them with brie and crackers, have just taken my taste bud to a whole new level, but I am eating healthy so that wont be happening too often. Any way here is the recipe I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.
Chilli prawn and spinach linguine recipe,
- 300g linguine
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 300g raw tiger prawns, shelled
- 75g Peppadew peppers in oil (from major supermarkets), drained and quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 16 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1½ tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1. Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and peppers and stir for 1-2 minutes, until the prawns are just turning pink. Add the garlic and chilli, cook for 1 minute or until the prawns are cooked. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir in the spinach, basil, vinegar and linguine, adding a little of the reserved cooking water, until well mixed. Season and serve immediately.
Per serving: 397kcals, 5.4g fat (0.8g saturated), 24.8g protein, 65.9g carbs, 11.3g sugar, 0.5g salt
ttp://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/chilli-prawn-and-spinach-linguine I got the recipe from this site,